Display prices in local currency, charge in another….
Cab Grid Pro allows customers to pay for journeys online using Paypal. This is built-in. We also offer a number of additional payment gateway integrations via add-ons (Stripe, WSPay, VCS). These online payment service providers support many currencies, but not all…
So what do you do if your local currency is not supported?
Use surcharge/deposit formula to do a currency conversion…
Cab Grid Pro allows the currency symbol for journey prices to be set independently of payment gateway currency. This means a price can be displayed in one currency, and charged in another.
- WordPress Admin > Cab Grid Pro > OPTIONS > Set display currency symbol (£)
- Enter Paypal account email (if not already entered)
- Select Paypal currency: USD
- Enter checkout button label (displayed to customer): “Checkout in $USD“
- Find conversion rate (xe.com) and copy to clipboard: 1.30624 (or approx.)
- Add formula to PAYPAL SURCHARGE/DEPOSIT: *1.30624
- Add a message that describes the currency conversion to BOOKING SENT MESSAGE (using text substitutions to insert quoted price): “The quoted price £///price/// will be converted to $(USD) for checkout.“
- Save changes
In our example animation (above, right), the quoted price is £10.00 and this is converted to $13.06 when the Paypal checkout button is clicked (10 x 1.306).
Include a Surcharge
A surcharge can still be included if necessary by augmenting the formula further. For example, to add a $0.50 surcharge, the example formula could be updated as follows: