Version 2.0 of the Stripe Add-on allows customers to make payments using various funding sources in addition to credit cards or debit cards. These include iDEAL, Sofort & Giropay, popular in some European countries. These are known as ‘sources’ by Stripe.
Additional sources can be selected via the Stripe Add-on admin panel. When any source is selected in addition to the standard credit or debit card payment type, the Stripe checkout will appear inline (rather than as a pop-up). This will also limit some of the options (icon, title, label) in the admin panel as they are not relevant to the inline checkout.
- Using any additional sources requires your website provide an secure (HTTPS) connection to your customers.
- Using additional sources requires a WebHook URL to be added to the Stripe Admin.
Card Only Format
Adding Webhooks to Stripe Admin
In order to complete a transactions using some payment types (GiroPay, iDEAL, Sofort) Stripe sends information back to your website behind the scenes. Only when this information is processed is a transaction considered complete. For example, if the Cab Grid Booking Management Add-on is installed and activated, the webhook sets the booking to paid.
The process for adding the Webhook URL to Stripe is as follows:
- Select & Copy the Webhook URL listed at the bottom of the Stripe tab (when any payment types in addition to ‘card’ are selected)
- Log in to Stripe Admin.
- Under the Developers menu item on the left, click Webhooks
- On the Webhooks page, click the “+ Endpoint” button at the top left if the Endpoints table.
- Paste the Webhook URL copied in step 1 into the text box labelled ‘URL to be called‘
- Click the ‘Add Endpoint‘ button.