Use a link to pre-populate Cab Grid journey parameters…
Need to offer customers direct access to popular routes or journeys?…
Via a special link it is possible to pre-populate the customer facing Cab Grid taxi price calculator with parameters such as origin location, destination, vehicle, passengers, and more. When using a link, every instance of Cab Grid on the target page will acquire the parameters defined in the link.
Certain aspects of Cab Grid Pro already use this functionality. For example, the Random Price Slider Widget uses the link syntax to pop-up a pre-populated version of the calculator, and the embed feature also uses the same syntax to load a stand alone version of the taxi price calculator plugin.
- When all of the required parameters are predefined, the price will be calculated and shown.
- Predefined parameters supersede parameters defined as shortcode attributes.
- Certain parameters are only applicable to certain layout modes
- Requires Cab Grid Pro v5.1.11 or later for full functionality
|Click a link below to load parameters in the calculator on the left…|
- After the page address add a question mark character (?) if one not already present
- After the question mark add a parameter name (see table below) followed by an equals sign (=)
- After the equals sign, enter the value to be preset. If this is a text (string) – a place name, for example – this must exactly match the value entered in the Cab Grid Pro admin
- To add further parameters, add an ampersand (&) followed by the next parameter name and value (separated with an equals sign, as above).
|passengers||Number of passengers||4|
|luggage||Quantity of luggage||2|
|tickets||Number of tickets (in ticket mode)||8|
|time||Amount of time [units] (in time mode)||6|
|vehicle||Name (or ID) of vehicle (in vehicle mode)||MPV|
|one-way-rtn||One way or return journey||n/oneway/one-way/return/rtn/y|
|from||Starting location place name||Heathrow Airport|
|to||Destination place name||London (Centre)|